AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash rents..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 7/26/2014 16:56 (#3987117 - in reply to #3987054)
Subject: RE: Bad farmer

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
sorry, im not that stupid. I buy land cause its for sale and its what I like to own. Care to give me some better investments for my operation. I know some things about making dirt produce, 7 times in 7 locations of the usa I have take farms that dont have any production within 5 miles and made mine produce. I like to improve farms, not in jackson co ks anymore, but the rest of the world yes. I am attracted to doing what most have givin up on. yes buying a farm that doesnt grow anything and making it kick but is what I love. the biggest highlight of my year is driving my $800 pickup into town to close on a farm and paying cash. its my thrill. Will cash rents continue to go up, yes if I make them go up, how do i make them go up, no i dont just sit back and say they are going up, I make the farm make more money, whatever that farmer wants, i do, and normally do alot more. bins, sheds, cold storage, lime, gypsum, colliodal phosphate, humates, protein by products, you name it and I am doing it and doing everything I can do to make my soil grow more peaches, corn, or whatever, so you darn right cash rent is going up. some of you on here dont like me cause you make me out to be some lazy fat cat, who just buys farms and raises cash rent and my renters are not making money. wrong wrong. There is dirt on my hands 365 days a year and I am doing everything I can to make my land more productive. I dont see how these other land land lords can sleep at night while just watching their farms and doing nothing, I am addicted to dirt and love my profitable addiction.

as for the conversation i am having with my renters, i cant tell you cause I am talking to them all the time. dont have every kids name memorized but got a head count anyway. I am not going to let 45 days of trade on the CBOT determine the next 3 or 5 years. FYI dont forget there are some ways for me to hedge up also and will do so if i think needed. also dont forget, its going to be a super 7 for some ground this year, Every farmer out there has to work for better times, its not just going to drop in their lap. I hope some of my explanation gives light on why i respond the way i do. I do not wish bad times on you even though i would benefit from it. I wish for good times from you and good times for me. god bless and good luck. sorry for teh mis spells, and typos. I am not perfect.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)