AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash rents..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 7/26/2014 18:38 (#3987259 - in reply to #3987153)
Subject: RE: Bad farmer

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
when cash corn was $7 bucks what were you thinking, I was thinking this is a dream and I want to lock in profit levels. i found others who were more optimistic then I was. it could have went to $10 but its at $3, they and I gambled but I was the correct one. now the tables are turning, yes everything that i owned then is in 3 to 5 yr contracts but now after 45 days of down markets, I am the one who is more optimistic then most. its going to be a bad year, the pendalum swings both ways remember, it went high so it will go super low, this will wash out alot of people and then there will probably be some very good years of farming with little competition. I am optimistic of the time after the night is darkest and want to be in the game rather then on the sidelines. For those of you who think I am such a bad person, why didnt you rent out your ground when corn was $7, I know why. Its hard to get a point across without raddleing some cages, but my post has meaning. its not that i am trying to raise your cash rent, I really dont care about your rent, but i ask you to think back about the long and steady. think about them 80 yr old farmers, the most profitable 5 yrs of farming probably came after a washout. Do you want be on the side lines or in the game. i have take action to be in the game when that time comes, what is your plan? Get a plan, stay the course, you are farmers, prove your needed, do the best you can. and dont do something that puts you on the sidelines when you want to be in the game. Good luck. just thought of something, I hope you didnt take that post from the past as I went out and bought $20 mil worth of land at these prices? Maybe if I wont the lottery, i was using that as a example of somone who owned $20mil worth of land.

Edited by bad farmer 7/26/2014 19:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)