AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash rents..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Varment
Posted 7/26/2014 13:13 (#3986852 - in reply to #3986445)
Subject: RE: Cash rents..

Ontario's West Coast , Huron County
I have been on the side of renting ground to a farmer who when it came time to renew tried the line of "maybe we should have paid you a bonus the last couple of years " . My answer to him was that we had an agreement and I was willing to live with what I agreed to . This is a new agreement and I am willing to live with it also . Then I got all the "we are not in the business to loose land " and the "need to make money" . "This is the highest rent we are paying" . As a land lord I really don't care what a farmer is paying some one else . I don't share in the deal so it does not affect me . One thing I will say is when it came to renewing I did not run the roads looking for bids or even discuss renting to another farmer . My way of looking at things is if I made a deal and the money is paid on time that is what was agreed to .

I have farmers who always ask me when my land is up for renewal . I tell them and usually their next line is well you let me know and we will pay you top dollar . That kind of turns me off since they word it as they have . If I need to contact them then they will tell the current renter that I approached them to rent it and not them approaching me . Sort of a cover their butt feel good white lie thing .

Edited by Varment 7/26/2014 13:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)