AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The "Noah" movie.......save your money
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 3/31/2014 21:04 (#3789146 - in reply to #3788307)
Subject: RE: The "Noah" movie.......save your money

North of London
Am I allowed a preliminary comment?
It will take some time to read it all so I got far enough to read this Hydroplate hypothesis (although it is referred to as a theory in that book I do not think it ever got past the hypothesis stage. Correct me if I am wrong.) so I would like to point out a couple of flaws in this hypothesis.
The idea that several kilometres of rock surface floated on water seems impossible unless there were absolutely no openings of any size in this floating mantel.
If there were any even minute cracks there would be an instant leak as the rock settled and the water flooded out.
I think physics would require this mantel to be almost uniform in depth or a mountain or other high/thick or low/thin area would cause stress that would crack this mantel resulting in the release of the water.
There would also have to be an absolute absence of any meteor strikes which could crack the surface rock, earthquakes which could crack the surface rock, glaciers which would put huge stress on the surface rock and lead to cracks, volcanoes which could not get the molten rock through all that water.....
Need I go on?
Seems impossible except in science fiction.

Think I will waste my time reading science facts.

BTW try a google of hydroplate and you will find almost all the hits are religious.
Where are the scientific studies if it is anything more than a hypothesis?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)