AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phosphorus in High PH soils
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Flip37
Posted 1/7/2014 10:35 (#3582771 - in reply to #3580022)
Subject: RE: Phosphorus in High PH soils

West Fargo, ND
Here is a thread in which I asked about our soils a few years ago. Good info from a wise (and opionated) man that used to post here, if you can decipher it.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=280549&mid=216...

Anyway I have been trying to use this program on a few growers and I CAN see the results in soil tests after a couple years. It very small at this point but it is very hard to build our soils. I know it can be done, I've seen it and the soil tests. I know of multiple fields 5-10 miles from you that have 10+ PPM of P.

Looking at ways to build more efficiently, it looks like VRT is probably the only way. If you zone test your soils I bet you have anywhere from a 5-20 PPM difference in P. By spreading VRT you can still use the same amount of fertilizer but shift it to where it needs it.

I'm just now getting heavy into the VRT but my counterpart has had a couple years at it and can really see a difference.

Attached is a presentation I found on fertility. From the fields I know the yields on and have a soil test for, I find the information fairly accurate.

Edited by Flip37 1/7/2014 10:39

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Kaiser.pdf (648KB - 161 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)