AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MT Challenger,Help!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

outbackjack
Posted 5/5/2013 01:01 (#3080608 - in reply to #3080476)
Subject: Re: MT Challenger,Help!!!!!

Max,I just checked the power at the 2 pin socket on rear ISO plug and its fine,so your right,it must supply power to both terminators,once the rear one's disconnected no power at the front one.But for some reason it must need to be connected at the rear because when I tested the 4pins in the socket on the ISO plug with the can harness disconnected there was no power even though the 2 pin power harness was still connected.When I disconnect the translator ecu the power drops to zero on the green wire 0.8v on the yellow and 0.5v on the red,is this right or do I have an ECU problem?Its interesting you mentioned the cab GPS harness, because since I started messing around with this I have had a couple of error codes on the MIDS screen along the lines of no GPS power or not communicating with GPS which I ignored since there isn't one fitted and I haven't seen those codes before.The previous owner had a Beeline system which I assumed was aftermaket fitted but I guess the tractor is the right vintage for it to have been factory fitted,it was removed before I saw the tractor so I don't know for sure.I have looked for the harness you mentioned but can't see any disconnected harnesses.There are 2 connectors under the seat 1 with 7 out of 8 pins populated and 1 with 9 out of 12 but they are both connected inline and have no part #'s.Also, does it seem strange that the yellow can wire has higher voltage than the green?Like you I'm really clutching at straws, might have to throw in the towel and mount up an EZ-steer but after spending about 10k on bits and pieces it would be nice to get the hydraulic autosteer working.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)