AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MT Challenger,Help!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Maxzillian
Posted 5/5/2013 22:54 (#3082866 - in reply to #3082322)
Subject: Re: MT Challenger,Help!!!!!

The schematic I have was based off model year. I was looking at both the 2002-2003 and 2004-2005 schematics (I think yours was an '04?) and both of them are the same when it comes to the ISO-bus. I honestly don't see how the track position sensors could have an effect. They are 0-5 volt sensors that wire to the Engine ECM. Maybe they were can-bus in later models? Still, I can't imagine they'd be on the ISO-bus.

The only four pin I could find is a connector that handles the power, ground and CAN wires after the service plug, but before the GPS connector in the cab. Whether this was plugged or unplugged should have no effect on your measurements, but it could be another source of a short if they left it loose. That plug will be somewhere in the right rear/middle portion of the cab near the floor. Can't tell if it's inside the cab or underneath, but I think it's inside.

I guess one final check you can make before writing off the project or replacing the translator ECM is to unplug the translator and jumper the ECU power relay so the terminators are powered. Then check can voltages again with both terminators connected. If the voltages correct themselves, it's likely it could be the translator. If they don't could be one of the terminators. This is one of those cases where it'd be handy to have a good friend you could try swapping parts with or someone with an ISO implement you could plug into to see if it comes alive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)