AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3660 ASD questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 12/29/2012 07:37 (#2783123 - in reply to #2783000)
Subject: Re: Kinze 3660 ASD questions.

Missouri
graystonefarms - 12/29/2012 04:00
I have the crappy ones the tell you seed is dropping everytime the wind blows or it gets a little dusty. No adjustment on these. Just the option to remove and throw in the trash.

I wish I was aware of a fix for those older sensors. They can be annoying. Some days that can be exactly on target, and the next day they're all over the place. You can tell the problem is dust and wind if the reading changes behavior when you turn around and drive the other way.
3660 Yes. I do use the seed meter prime. Ground speed is through the GPS. Seed doesnt drop until I am moving. I have to have the front units at the edge of the field to get the rear ones to drop seed at the edge.

You can get delay due to unprimed edgevac plates, and you can have delay in the startup of the hydraulic drive motor. In your first post, you blamed it on the Edgevac, but it that was the case, seed meter prime would eliminate it. You are probably experiencing a delay in the hydraulic drive system. This can be adjusted out. I can get the average hyd drive planter to be dropping seed within a foot after tuning the hydraulic drive. If the drive is taking too long to startup, you can try increasing your zero flow offset in the SeedCommand Controller settings. Increasing it will make the system starup quicker, but if you take it too far, the drive will not be able to slow down enough to control low rates/planting speeds. Also, with Edgevac, because the 39 cell corn plate turns so slowly (planting corn is commonly less than 20 meter rpm, while planting beans can commonly be 60 meter rpm) compared to beans, some planters can require a different zero flow offset for Corn than for Beans. I.E. A system calibrated for good performance at speeds near 60 rpm will not perform as well when running near 20rpm. Once you find the number that is good for each, it is not complicated to change it between crops.

If the planter is ISOBUS it is supposed to work with his monitor.

The thing here is the Task Controller. Task Controller is the programming in the software that allows the display to "control" the ISO implement. Not every display has Task Controller released for it. Without a Task Controller, an ISO display can only "see" output from an ISO implement. I.e: A non-TC display can read output from a seed monitor, but it cannot tell a rate contoller or clutches what do do (control). Deere has released a task controller for the GS3, but not the GS2. Presently, there are very few ISO displays with Task Controller functionality. GS3, and one other I cannot recall of the top of my head.

Nice having people on here that work on these machines and probably see more problems than I ever care to!

It's nice to see solvable problems.

Edited by KinzeMech 12/29/2012 07:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)