AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3660 ASD questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 12/29/2012 17:48 (#2784180 - in reply to #2784077)
Subject: Re: Kinze 3660 ASD questions.

Missouri
The new 2013 sensor and seed tube is universal. Basically they made a slight revision to the larger edgevac tube, and now use that same tube for all (EV & mechanical meters get the same tube&sensor).

What year is your planter? A 2011 or 2012 Edgevac planter should have adjustable sensitivity sensors already. If you can get me the number off one or two of your seed tube sensors, I can look it up and find out.

The new sensors could be installed, without changing the harness or PMM. The one exception to that is if you want to run the sensors in what I will call "dickey-john compatibility mode". That requires the DJ style sensor harness and STMM, but there are other drawbacks to this setup. You cannot run a PMM and and STMM on the same configuration. Ag Leader requires you to choose. A STMM only monitors seed tubes. A PMM monitors other things. Shaft rotation speed, ASD pressure, EV vacuum, ASD tank scales, Pneumatic Down Pressure, Compressed Air tank pressure. If you want advanced seed tube monitoring, you can do it, but those are things you have to give up to get it.

2010 and older sensors: Different Tubes and sensors for EV and mechanical. No sensitivity adjustment. No singulation (skips+mults).
2011 and 2012: Different Tubes and sensors for EV and mechanical. *Adjustable Sensitivity*. No singulation.

2013: EV and Mechanical meter planters now use the same tube. Visually almost identical to old edgevac tube. The sensors are capable of measuring singulation (skips and multiples), but the PMM is not (!?)
There is an exception to that. An ISOBUS planter is equipped with a PMM that is different from an AgLeader configuration. An ISOBUS PMM is capable of measuring singulation.

The dust thing has been an issue with these sensors for years. The edgevacs tend to suffer it a little worse. I'm not sure, but I think maybe the meter leaks a little vacuum and it sucks the dust up into the seed tube.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)