AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3660 ASD questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 12/30/2012 09:31 (#2785329 - in reply to #2785109)
Subject: Re: Kinze 3660 ASD questions.

Missouri
Which issue are we still talking about?

The issue with older sensors that were too sensitive was fixed. The 2011-2012 sensors with adjustable sensitivity addressed that issue.

The 2013 sensors are adjustable sensitivity, AND report skips and multiples (S&M). Kinze's basic population monitor, the KPMIII, is capable of reading S&M from the sensors. There are two different PMMs. The ISOBUS PMM is capable of reading skips and multiples from the sensors. The Ag Leader PMM is not. They won't say how, or why, but putting the pieces together, the seed tubes are capable, unless using an Ag Leader PMM. I think they've run into a hangup in the software on Ag Leader's end, but that's just a theory, I can't get anyone to acknowledge that is the issue. I hope my theory stands, though, as it would mean this limitation could potentially be overcome in a software update.

An ISOBUS conversion shouldn't be that hard. They made the ISOBUS planter modules use a short adapter harness that plugs into the ISOBUS modules on one end and into the Ag Leader cabling on the other end. Switching an Ag Leader planter to ISOBUS should not be that hard (in theory, have not done one yet). It should be all that needs to be changed is the modules, and the wiring from the modules foward to the cab.

I wouldn't want to convert to an ISOBUS system just to get seed singulation data. The ISOBUS system, while supposed to make all displays and implements "plug-in compatible" has drawbacks of it's own. With the lone exception of the seed singulation info, the Ag Leader display setup is a much more useful system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)