AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3660 ASD questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 12/29/2012 12:39 (#2783694 - in reply to #2783561)
Subject: Re: Kinze 3660 ASD questions.

Missouri
It is disappointing, but many dealers are not supporting hydraulic drive to it's full potential. The funny thing about being a Kinze dealer, and an Ag Leader dealer, is that I can call both of their tech support lines, and get two different solutions for any given problem. One one hand, it's annoying to get conflicting information, but on the other hand, it gives me the freedom of having two potential solutions to a problem. I can try them both, and use the one that is most effective, in my opinion. On this particular issue, I got better information from the Ag Leader folks.

If your dealer can't make your hyd drive run better than that, and you're willing to punch a few buttons to get it running better, I will talk you through it. If I start with a planter that's folded out, and a tractor that already has it's hyd oil warmed up to temperature, adjusting the hyd drive is about a 10 minute task. It takes about 2 minutes to try a new setting, and on average, it's done in 3 or 4 attempts.

The sensors for the last two years have been adjustable.
This year's sensors are supposed to be adjustable, and are supposed to count skips and multiples. There is a really stupid thing going on here right now. These new sensors will report skips and multiples with the KPMIII (the entry level, basic population monitor), but not with an Ag Leader (despite the fact they simultaneously released a new planter monitor module with these new sensors). They are pretty tight lipped about "why", but my presumption, (from reading between the lines) is that the module is capable of it, but there something missing on the display side. Hopefully it's a feature that will come available in a software update in the future, but it's worth pointing out, none of that is guaranteed.

Also worth noting, this year's sensors (with an optional gender changing adapter harness) are plug-in dickey-john compatible. Someone really serious about seeing advanced seed tube monitoring can get an STMM in place of a PMM, and a dickey-john sensor harness. Presently, this is the ONLY way to get singulation on the integra is with a STMM which only works with dickey-john type sensors. There are no dickey john sensors that fit the large edgevac seed tube, so this is the only way to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)