AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Free AV -- hot off the presses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 10/7/2009 19:30 (#874863 - in reply to #874490)
Subject: RE: Free AV -- hot off the presses.....updates?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Ed Boysun - 10/8/2009 10:13

So far, I have it installed on Vista Pro, Vista Home Premium, XP SP3, & Win7 Ultimate. It's been very uneventful, so in this case, I guess no news is good news.

Had my laptop running Vista on the road with me this weekend, and didn't get any bad bugs when checking into the I-net from motel wireless connections.

Have not heard any really bad things about it in the computer press either. Seeing how most of those take every chance they can get, to bash MS and not much bashing has been heard, I'd say that's another positive sign for it.

I hope it works out. I was very happy with the new Norton NIS 2009, for the first 6 months. It was fast and seemed to do the job very well, but in the last 6 months, it seemed that every update made it more slow and sluggish, and finally got to causing the computer to lock up or crash.
Fought a pop up for weeks saying "Norton has a problem and needs to close". I finally had enough and removed Norton and replaced it with crude littleWindows defender. When Ed posted the link to Microsoft security essentials, I removed windows defender and installed MSE.
It seems to work as well as NIS 2009 did when it worked.The only thing that irks me a bit is that MSE seems to make the boot up time longer, the little red light flickers for a couple minutes.

I wonder how much antivirus I really need ? My ISP has free antivirus and I can only think of one bug that my own antivirus caught in the last dozen years, yet I have always paid for antivirus, be it Norton, Panda, or now Microsoft free stuff. Every day it would do a search and never ,save that one time , find anything.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)