AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Free AV -- hot off the presses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

memoryproblems
Posted 9/30/2009 01:14 (#865451 - in reply to #865339)
Subject: Re: Free AV -- hot off the presses

I love how Microsoft denotes their free claim with a *, and you have to be using geniune microsoft windows to verify it.

Personally, even though my computer has genuine windows on it, I think its a lot of hassle to verify it for some software. But back on topic, hasn't microsoft tried to do something like this before? There was Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, not AV, but in the ballpark. My main problem is that I think microsoft will probably be behind in their searching out viruses, similar to the way they lacked for years on closing up the plethora of security gapes that Internet Explorer 6 had, and in addition I'm afraid Microsoft won't be proactive about heuristic detection (detecting viruses unknown about). For what its worth, I won't be switching from my current antivirus, ESET Smart Security, partly because I'm extremely satisfied with it and partly because I recently dished out 180$ for a 2 year subscription (I actually got a 4 license subscription, so its only like 20$ a computer a year.)

It'll be interesting to see how it works though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)