AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car lease and stay home mom questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 5/8/2018 13:26 (#6750188 - in reply to #6750039)
Subject: RE: Car lease and stay home mom questions

North Central Illinois
We get a little more information every time you post. Sounds like a less than ideal situation. Bottom line is there is no free lunch. If you put miles on a car you are gonna pay one way or the other. 20,000 miles a year is probably a little high in her situation but unless you expect her to stay at home and do little else it probably isn't excessive. I understand you wanting to provide a nice vehicle for your wife and kids but we have to balance what we want with what we can afford. If your wife promised you she would put less miles on to make the lease work or you just thought you could make her put less miles on, either way it was flawed thinking. If she has been consistently putting on 20,000 plus miles a year you are being unrealistic to think you could cut that by much more than 4000 or 5000 per year. That still leaves you 15,000 miles over at the end of the lease. You had to know that you were going to be over on the miles. Did you just get caught in the heat of the moment with getting some new wheels and thought you would worry about the miles later? It happens. To be honest 15 cents a mile isn't that bad. Leases generally only work well for folks that don't put a lot of miles on a car. It sounds like your family doesn't fit that description. If $200 a month is what you can afford I suggest you find a used car that can be had for that payment and move on. You asked for advice here and got quite a bit of it. You just didn't seem to get the answers you wanted. I didn't mean to be harsh with you. Best of luck to you and your wife.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)