AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car lease and stay home mom questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/8/2018 09:50 (#6749922 - in reply to #6749564)
Subject: RE: Car lease and stay home mom questions

southern MN
Thanks for the fun thread.

I hope to be laughing with you on this, at some point. I'm sure this isn't funny today, but it's all a apart of getting from here to there.

We've all been there, take the 'advice' you are getting with a grain of salt. :) those dishing it out a little harder probably got their lessons a little harder too.

Leases are an option for some, but generally aren't the best for the average soccer mom and dad. Lesson learned.

I drive 125 miles to an auction I don't intend to buy anything, just 'see the countryside' and that kinda grates on my wife sometimes but she only says something if other things are bothering her, mostly she's a good sport. She does stuff I wanna give a lecture about.... and then I just have to smile. She is her, and I'm me, and we are doing fine.

I hope in the big picture you all have a good deal going.

If the finances are tight on many sides, you might need to have a better, calmer, different day sit down and listen to each other, and see where the family group goes with work and home duties and all.

To answer your first question, my folks put on just over 100,000 miles on the Rambler in the 14 years they drove it. That was the only vehicle they had between them, no pickup, two kids, sister drove it a little bit and did get her own car then. So, it can be done. Folks found plenty else to argue about, tho, so low milage wasn't really much help.....

Paul

Edited by paul the original 5/8/2018 12:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)