AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cow Efficiency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 1/22/2017 13:19 (#5785796 - in reply to #5785666)
Subject: RE: Cow Efficiency

Missouri

puff33m - 1/22/2017 11:21 Beanplanter. How have your projects been going? Haven't heard/read in a long time. I think it was you sharing the shorthorns.

Life threw a couple curves that have me tending more fires than I can put out, but I still try to drop in to read from time to time.

The cattle are still moving forward, but I have had to give in and invest in some facilities. Stumbled into exporting some embryos a few weeks ago and am currently sweating out a donor carrying twins. Heifers and recips start calving next week, but the small last minute mono I threw up still doesn't have a roof. Just never enough hours in the day and the mud is knee deep up here. Found a fairly valuable replacement heifer feet up this morning after rollin off the edge of a 4" bed pack some time in the night.

The nieces and nephew got to watch their first litter be born a few days ago. Berk show pigs, 8 live and one mummy from an AI on a poor heat. They learned a lot, then she laid on the best boar the next day and they learned even more. lol  The joys of the livestock/dead stock roller coaster.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)