AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car lease and stay home mom questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 5/8/2018 03:15 (#6749564)
Subject: Car lease and stay home mom questions

west central Iowa
Am I wrong to think a stay at home mom should be able to get by on 12000 miles a year on a car. We leased a car 3 years ago and its almost up now, but we have 62000 miles on it instead of the allowed 36000. I told her when we got it she should be able to keep it under 36000. We're about 15 miles from school so if we went there 90 times a year that would be 2700 miles. 30 miles from a smaller city with wmart and other grocery stores, so once a week to there would be 3120 miles and once a week to church would add up to 350 miles. So the total for necessities would be 6170 miles leaving almost 6000 miles for other things. If we lease another one or buy the one we have the extra mileage wouldn't hurt us much, but if we walk away the mileage penalty would be .15/mile or $3900. My wife's mad at me for leasing and I'm disappointed in her for running around all the time, and I can't sleep because we had a big argument about it tonight. I said if she's gonna be gone all the time she should get a job and do something constructive. Our youngest is 11 and I would be at home most days when she is so that wouldn't be a problem and I've the been the only breadwinner since she was born so we've kind if skimping by and it would really help to have another income. Right now she goes and helps a lady with her business while the other lady goes and works a real job. Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent a little bit and hopefully get some other opinions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)