AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/22/2014 09:14 (#4139640)
Subject: What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?

I was a teen during the 70's, graduated high school in 78. Thinking back, what a great time to be a teen, as there were so many things for kids to do and places to go. Of course the drinking age was 18 here in Iowa, so that opened up a lot of options. There were a couple of local ballrooms that were icons. Chip's ballroom in Lawler and Matter's ballroom in Decorah, iowa. These places drew kids from miles and miles away on the weekends. Chips always had live bands upstairs and a DJ downstairs. Matter's would get big name bands in quite often. Always live bands. There was a place in Rochester, mn. also that had live bands, and went there a few times too, but can't remember the name of it. These places were all packed with kids and dancing to live rock and roll bands was a blast. We had a local band out of Charles city called the Litterer Bros., and wow were they good. Awesome cover band. I'll bet there are quite a few that can echo that era. Don't know what I would do if I was a 16-18 year old today. Used to meet so many kids from distant towns. Even met my wife, and that was what most of our dates consisted of, frequenting one of the live music joints. On some weekend nights that I went out with the boys, we would go to the S.O.P. In Charles City. It was a strip club that was pretty lax on checking ID's. Wow, the memories. Had more fun than the law probably allowed. The thing I'm not proud of tho, was the terrible abuse of drinking and driving that went on back then. We'd pile 6 kids in a car and head out to one of these joints with a trunk full of beer. Saw a lot of very nasty accidents at 1:00 am coming home. I'm lucky to have not been one of them.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 10/22/2014 09:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)