AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone Here Own an Old Elevator?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tileplow
Posted 5/18/2021 13:38 (#9011904 - in reply to #9010977)
Subject: RE: Anyone Here Own an Old Elevator?

N Central IA
I purchased a facility 4 years ago approximately 250,000 bushel with dryer and a couple legs. Fit my plans perfect I had no dryer other than some slow dry bins and needed some machinery storage. The facility I purchased has a dryer that I can shut off at the end of the day if doing 20-22 percent corn with a 12 row combine, and it was centrally located for most of the ground I farm. The facility also has two flat storage buildings that I use for machine storage and also rent some space for neighbors equipment. It also has a scale which I don’t really use for the grain storage part but do use it to weigh an occasional truck load or a tractor. You will probably have to be able to do some work yourself to make it work but I actually do enjoy some of that. I have had some leg work done and planning on doing some more this year but what will get done is a once in 20 year repairs. When I do get it like I want, I will be able to fill trucks either from side bin unloads (5 minutes) or from an over head load out (3minutes). Right now I wish all my storage was at this location, still have 20 percent that was built earlier on other properties. For me it was perfect location and size, would definitely do it again. I did purchase it for what was a reasonable price, if you can buy it reasonable and expect to fix things it may work out for you.

Edited by tileplow 5/18/2021 14:59

(21CF0535-E8DD-42EB-8901-0D984F2CBC7F (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 21CF0535-E8DD-42EB-8901-0D984F2CBC7F (full).jpeg (77KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)