AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your wife died would you remarry?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 4/26/2021 16:16 (#8974277 - in reply to #8972794)
Subject: RE: If your wife died would you remarry?

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Drilldo - 4/25/2021 19:44 I Love my wife and never want tot think of anything bad happening to her but she posed this question the other day. " I am sure if I died you would find someone younger and prettier than me" . Honestly if she croaked I don't think I would ever get remarried. I sure as heck am not saying I wouldn't date and have some fun but I wouldn't get remarried. She told me well women don't need a man but men need a woman. I am sure you would. I asked her if it would be in bad taste to bring a date to the funeral. She didn't think that was funny. Seriously though I don't think I would ever get remarried but I would date a ton.

In reality, age has as much to do with most people's answer than anything else. Young kids still in the home, or if the widow is 35 or 45  or so, it's a different world view than in our 60s and 70s.  At this point in my life, and my husband is in 1000% agreement, what the hell would you want with another spouse???  We've been married just over 50 years, and like everyone else in this age category, we've had spectacular, good, great, lousy, awful, and rotten. And sometimes all in the same day. Yes, we have both said we'd like to have someone to spend time with, perhaps travel, if we were widowed, but marriage????????   H-e-double hockey sticks, no.  It's not like there'd be babies. And all a marriage would do is muddy the waters for our kids and grandkids as far as whatever estate remains. 

Edited by Mrs B 4/26/2021 16:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)