AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your wife died would you remarry?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 4/26/2021 09:44 (#8973852 - in reply to #8972832)
Subject: RE: If your wife died would you remarry?

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

Don't know if I should admit this or not but my brother had a wife and two exes at his funeral. The wife and ex #1 got along fine and sometimes refer to each other as "wife-in-law." Ex #2, not so much, but she can't even get along with herself, much less anyone else. Never figured out why my brother married her in the first place. Ex #1 left him for another guy. He told me one time that if he had gotten along with her as well as he did the rest of her family they would never have divorced. Ex #1 and widow now live withing a 1/4 mile of each other.

My mother stayed single for 10 years after dad died. When asked about marrying again her answer was always an emphatic NO! But an old acquaintance from teen years whose wife had died called her one day. Long story short: they got married and had three good years together before he died.

Me: I honestly don't know. I know I wouldn't be in any hurry to remarry, if I did at all. My wife wants to be cremated so I have joked with her that I'll put her urn on the mantle and let my next, much younger, wife dust it. She doesn't think it's funny so I might be the first to go.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)