AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Green electricity maybe not so Green
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

c&k farms
Posted 2/22/2021 07:39 (#8850455 - in reply to #8850238)
Subject: RE: Green electricity maybe not so Green

SC KS
Railroads, oil companies, agriculture, boeing (2nd largest gov contractor too), lenders, insurance providers are all subsidized by government. Hard to use that as a argument. So the turbines have a life span, we clearly never buy new tractors that cost money upon trade in of our old tractors. Maybe that upgrade period comes sooner than expected because the efficiency gains are worth it (4020 vs 8295r do the same thing right?). Krause built a new building for weld shop, within 6 months they were already upgrading to led overhead lights because of cost changes of equipment. Also if they upgrade existing infrastructure aren't they keeping production jobs going in other towns? Towns like Macksville, ks Holstein, Iowa and Braman, Ok. Are they not helping the property values and local economies of crews moving/coming to town where major industry is in short supply? Are truckers not staying busy hauling?

I don't want us to be all one way dependent, like we have been since Standard Oil. We need all of these tools for climate change and probably my more favorite option as a tool to kick Venezuela, Russia, and middle east economies in the teeth because the energy dependent economies have really nothing else. Also this should help lower cost of production for manufacturing and agriculture.

(I'd farm a field that had drip tape under wind turbines with an oil well or two).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)