AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The cost to charge an electric car, in Texas, at these rates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/20/2021 11:14 (#8846557 - in reply to #8846469)
Subject: RE: The cost to charge an electric car, in Texas, at these rates

North Central Illinois
I'm all for solar and wind energy when it makes sense AND it is not subsidized more by the government than other energy sources. That is one thing the anti renewable crowd never wants to talk about. All energy we are currently using is being subsidized in some form or other. I see a couple of flaws with your plan. First if everyone is generating all of their own electricity how are we supposed to maintain any kind of grid for those who are not generating their own power? What about times when solar generation is way off peak or your system goes down? Is everyone going to have their own backup generator or are they going to expect to remain connected to the grid for times like this? What is the life span of the type of solar panels you would install on a house and other accompanying equipment? That could drastically affect your calculations for cost ownership. I 100% believe that solar and wind need to be a part of our power generating system in conjunction with NG, nuclear, and yes even coal. Diversity is your friend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)