AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OK, lets here the bragging rights. Who has been the longest with out power ever !!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

EastOnfarmer
Posted 2/19/2021 17:27 (#8845141 - in reply to #8843493)
Subject: RE: OK, lets here the bragging rights. Who has been the longest with out power ever !!!

Eastern Ontario, Canada
I was in my teens for the Ice Storm of 98. We were 14 days on the pto generator. a couple days in My uncle phoned his son in law from Elmira area and they loaded up a 5 ton with generators and headed here to our farm. they were two hours out when our bolted to concrete pto generator some how seezed solid and pulled out of the concrete and spun around like crazy behind the tractor. I remember the barn with every door and window out was about 60 degrees C in about an hour without fans.

Word had gotten out about the generators coming and our yard was full. all dairy farmers. everyone devising a plan to get the cows milked. some guys that lived close took one to share back and forth, some needed one to stay. Something to see full grown men crying when they got one, also when there were none left.... it was something else. never forget it.

Our 3155 ran for 11 days straight with the PTO on. fuel tank was close so we got extra hose and filled on the go. I hated that tractor and it is gone but she did her job those two weeks!!!

Edited by EastOnfarmer 2/19/2021 17:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)