AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OK, lets here the bragging rights. Who has been the longest with out power ever !!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

E718
Posted 2/19/2021 12:03 (#8844576 - in reply to #8843493)
Subject: RE: OK, lets here the bragging rights. Who has been the longest with out power ever !!!

Sac & Story county IA
Not a record. Christmas of 2009. Ice storm. Talked to lineman with bucket truck. He said "what we put up this afternoon is back down again. You plan on being out of power for 2 weeks". I had every bin heating and spoiling after that wet harvest. The power company fixed me up with single wire, earth return and told me I could run as many things till voltage started to get soft. That worked pretty good. I could run a lot of fans. I am glad I have a lot of ground rods spread around, not just 2 by the transformer.

That storm or one like it, the crews worked in terrible conditions. The guy sitting on the digger dereck truck digging the hole could not see the auger for blowing snow. The foreman told them to quit because the county engineer was calling in snow plows that were opening roads for the electric crews. The electric crew wanted to keep working.

Edited by E718 2/19/2021 12:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)