AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The worst of computer luck this month
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/6/2021 06:39 (#8810332 - in reply to #8810236)
Subject: RE: The worst of computer luck this month

Looks like I omitted the word “list” after the word “parts”.

I have built a couple of PC’s and have gone with parts lists recommended online.  Good motherboards, good memory, upper mid-range Intel processors, good hard drives, good power supplies.

I always hope it’s going to be smoking fast and it always seems like it’s disappointing.

Out of the three I’ve been involved with that weren’t built by big corps, the first and last ones were built by me and the middle one was built by a local computer shop. That one sucked the worst of all of them.

The last one I built myself and it was a little better but when I built it, it was 5 years newer than my Lenovo business class laptop. My Lenovo laptop is now 7 or 8 years old and is way faster than that desktop I built, just like it was the day I built that desktop.

It’s not a software issue because I have a very picky process I go through when I install software. Everything works better on a fresh clean install with the right drivers for every piece of hardware so if I have a performance problem that’s the first thing I do is wipe the primary drive and re-install. I have all of my hard drives partitioned to make this easy. I back critical stuff up to the cloud and everything else I just risk it by leaving it on a partition while I wipe the OS partition. So far I have never had a problem doing it this way.

Anyway, in my not so enormous experience, building your own doesn’t always work out great and has actually never worked out great for me.  

Edited by dpilot83 2/6/2021 06:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)