AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Live cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 11/25/2020 11:02 (#8623659 - in reply to #8622698)
Subject: RE: Live cattle

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
I guess you could maybe draw that conclusion from my post? but DARK CLOUD is not close to being accurate in my case, quite the opposite ! but what you failed to recognize when telling another industry how they aren't doing it right, is many "ranchers" or "land holders" somehow manage to be astute business people as well as ranchers , same as many farmers ! we recognize that 25 % of our net worth in a different business would year in and out yield 5 times the profit, and are frustrated at the portion of the profits we receive when we produce or feed out our calf crop "crumbs from the pack " and the next morons that says "if you don't like it build your own packing plant" --- oh well-- , you lost all right to argue your point when your math of some magic year of $1500 calves was a good ROI on a business with such a strong equity position, we have the best hunting ranch in my op in our part of the state, heck we own the oldest hunting preserve which sat on one of our ranches that we mothballed when we bought it but still pay the state to keep the license just in case someone wants to run it some day, we must not be doing real bad, or we are just to dumb to see the forest through the trees when I turned down 30k a year to a hunting club so my grandsons can hunt there beloved river place and not watch some "real businessmen" from Seattle come in and live the dream ! don't know if you have ever had multiple old timers in your town approach you and take there hat off to you for turning an irrigated farm and ranch around and successfully raising crops never tried in your county, or on selling the rock deposits on your farm that broke the last two outfits that owned it. Maybe my ability to adjust "my game" as you put it, wasn't to bad when my 3 new custom SDI sidedumps went rolling west past your place from S Dak to haul an extra $600 k revenue in from landscape boulders to our poorly ran operation year after year.

Its hard to live under a dark cloud when I shot a 41 on the back nine yesterday on a palm tree laced golf course I live on half the year ! but wait as a farmer/rancher I am not allowed to live like that in my early sixty's after working 2000 hours during the previous six months, that should be reserved for "real businessmen" right ?
and as I know I will be judged by my peers on here as a slacker for enjoying a "pseudo" retirement lifestyle partime in So Cal , which started as relief for my wife of almost 43 years from the misery of low pressure weather caused arthritic pain do to our winters in the PNW

I never come on here and brag about what we have accomplished because without Gods help I would have failed miserably, but I hate to leave the assumption out there you painted as ours being a failing business, ha ha maybe not.

Like most on here I just want a good future for my kids and grandkids and don't want to sell my place to feel like I truly get paid for all the hard work !

Clicker I have read your posts on here often and am always disappointed at your sniping or back biting responses, I hope I just missed them but I cant recall any positive or helpful feedback to others just hit and run.

I for one will not make quick assumptions about you on here but I hope your a happier person then you appear in print !

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)