AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you water cattle from a source that has liquid N added?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bcochran79
Posted 11/8/2020 12:46 (#8593235 - in reply to #8593012)
Subject: RE: Would you water cattle from a source that has liquid N added?

South Georgia
Not to tell on myself, but I am just injecting through a faucet installed on my pivot point. I only needed 2 GPM so that worked. I just landed the wires for the pump on the forward run contactor. I realize that I cut several corners, but it works and it shuts off if the pivot stops. If you are set on using the setup you described you should probably look into a N source that is derived from 100% urea. Since urea is already fed to cattle in protein supplements I wouldn't be so worried about it. Its the nitrate component of the 32% material that would concern me. It might be worth considering to install a big holding tank at your cattle watering point that you can fill with clean water and operate from while the pipeline is contaminated. Possibly you could borrow one of those trailer mounted double cone bottom tanks from your fertilizer retailer? I know I am personally trying to move more towards fertigation for fertilizing my winter grazing. It is so cheap and easy once you are setup. Grass really responds to UAN, and fertigation is definitely the cheapest way to apply. My local retailer is now up to $8.45/acre in application charges to apply UAN, too much in my opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)