AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is market talk,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/3/2020 08:03 (#8583546 - in reply to #8583116)
Subject: Why I think Trump is the better choice

There’s certainly room to criticize..

Trade War.
Petroleum influence at EPA.
Virus.
Tweets.
A lot of the things the media spews about.. 24/7/365..

However, even though Trade Wars are not generally favored.. I believe the situation with China is the proverbial frog in the pot.. where we’re the Frog... everything was Jim Dandy till we stopped doing what they wanted.. yes Trump forced the issue.. but What do you do with a Country which..

Practices predatory Capitalism.. when China chooses to enter a market.. they thieve all available resources.. steal technology.. then subsidize output until others entrants are Bankrupt.. then they own it.

“ China promised to bring all subsidy programs into compliance with World Trade Organization (WTO) rules, the sources said, but U.S. negotiators reacted skeptically, in part because China has long refused to disclose its subsidies.

Without knowing exactly how the Chinese government finances industries and state-run companies, any reform promises would be difficult to enforce, said the sources, speaking on condition of anonymity because the negotiations are confidential.

The sticking point between the world’s two largest economies illustrates a core challenge in ending their seven-month trade war: Ensuring China’s pledges will translate into concrete action.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-subsidies-exclusi...

Say what you will about the “phase One” trade deal but the Trump Administration has negotiated a deal.. which took time and leverage to do.. now it’s playing out.. and the markets are responding.

China also has a history of buying political influence..

“ This spring, President Donald Trump declared that he would halt U.S. funding for the World Health Organization, previously more than $400 million annually—and he announced this right in the midst of a global pandemic. A week later, Chinese President Xi Jinping pledged another $30 million—which would nowhere near make up for the shortfall (not to mention that China still owes the organization $60 million in membership dues, an amount the WHO expects to get later this year). But the moment was a clear case in point for China’s success at checkbook diplomacy, in which the amount matters less than the message: You can’t count on the U.S., but you can count on us.

America was, until Trump ordered a review of the contributions, the single largest state funder of the WHO—China was contributing just over a 10th of what the U.S. was. Yet for years now, even before Trump accused the WHO of being too “China-centric,” American officials worried that China kept somehow buying more influence, with less money, around the world.

“The Chinese give as little money as they can get away with,” Rear Admiral Kenneth Bernard, who previously served as a political adviser to the director-general of the World Health Organization, and as a special assistant for biodefense to President George W. Bush, told me. “They give as little money as will buy influence.”

“This isn’t about being fair,” he added. “This is about winning.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/china-global-in...

If not held accountable.. they don’t play fair. Yes we should have trade.. a rising tide lifts all boats... but there’s a reason why we have referees.

When an undue influence is taking advantage.. what are you going to do? Just Let them continue?

Trump addressed this.

EPA. Yes we’ve fought unfavorable interest at EPA.. but we’ve also got results.. Pruiett was fired and Trump has come to ethanol country more than once..

As above.. “We must protect our brave American Farmers... that’s why I am today announcing..

Offsets to China’s distorting trade embargoes actions.. MFPs.
Corona Virus Aid.
E-15 buildout.

Granted ethanol has been a struggle but.. RINs are back up.. the cost of not complying with the RFS matters.. as we go forward.. it probably depends more on the economy.. the virus.. any more shut downs.. but yes also policy. We’re going to have to fight that no matter what..

Would you rather continue with a known commodity in the Trump administration.. or Kamala Harris influenced who.. “just wants to talk about hip hop.” ???

There’s so many unknowns.. if you believe we’re headed towards a Less carbon fuels future.. that can happen know as is.. you don’t have to shut down fracking.. on public lands.. or whatever that means.. to do it. End the internal combustion engine by.. 2050..2035..2025..

“Come on man.”

Besides we got our hands full feeding China now anyway.. did we raise enough corn this year for both..??
What about livestock?

Everything fits together.

The Virus..

If Biden and the Dems have the solution.. Why don’t they offer it now? Why wait until after the election? Joes been there 47 years..

If Government was a solution.. surely he would have done something by now.

Wear masks... cdc says 85% of infected did wear masks..

https://jordanschachtel.substack.com/p/cdc-85-of-covid-19-patients-r...

Shut the economy down.. we’ve already done that.. ask anyone from Illinois how’s that going? The results have been disastrous.. you must have a vibrant economy in order to fight a pandemic. Putting people out of work.. go stay home.. etc.

No. Isolate the vulnerable.. work on a vaccine.. which is what operation warp speed.. to develop a vaccine.. has done.. that’s our best hope to quickly end this.

Tweets..

Like them or not.. Trump Has exposed the media for what they are.. any coverage on China giving Biden a $5 million loan..??

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who-is-tony-bobulinski-hunter-biden...

In the words of CBS 60 minutes Leslie Stahl..

“We can’t verify this..”

Can’t?
Or Won’t?

Crickets on that.. tells me all I need to know.

Trump is not perfect.. not a statesman.. not someone who has been in DC for half a century.

But in almost 4 years.. he’s accomplished a lot.. including judges.. like Amy Coney Barrett.

I’ll go back to holding them accountable..

If you flip to Biden.. ???

In the words of a Robert Gates..”Biden has been on the wrong side of every foreign policy decision I ever faced..”

I guess maybe that’s what happens when like the Clintons.. political power is.. for sale.

It’s not how a democracy is Suppose to work.

I’m voting for Trump

Decide for yourself.. but I believe the evidence supports this decision.. maybe it is only the least worst option.l but no doubt it’s the better option.

Go Vote!!

Many have fought and given their lives for your rights.
Exercise them.

Trump must have a large turnout from the rural areas in order to counterbalance Biden’s lead in the Cities..

If you will not stand today.. don’t complain tomorrow..

It’s in your hands.

Vote

Edited by JonSCKs 11/3/2020 08:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)