AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine advice 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 10/21/2020 20:11 (#8558086 - in reply to #8557175)
Subject: RE: Combine advice 2388

Fontanelle, IA
I’ll be odd man out.

Age, acres, hours take a toll on machinery. Metal Fatigue sets in. Engine with 4000 hours has done you well. 3000 plus rotor hours has shelled a lot of crop.

My good bull was 7 years old when I sent him to the sale barn. Gentle, decent feet, good flesh, good calves. Sooner or later you have to make the leap into newer because **** costs money, downtime sucks, and a chassy frame could break in half after you put in a new reman engine, hydro or the salvage yard junker that runs for 30 more hours before she blows....

I wish I had half the mechanical mechanix genes that most on here post about. Frankly, I wish I wouldn’t have wasted money on other things that could have been spent on nice thick concrete in a decent shop to jack, jockey, and wrench on things. But I didn’t. My missed opportunity. But, you and only you know your physical abilities and your ability to work within your “environment”. And, only you know youR interests and where focusing your brain and ability makes YOUR money.

Send your mule to a consignment auction and let someone buy your “gem”. Take your trusted NAT approved mechanic and inspect newer machines (of same 2388 model or size) so you don’t have to upgrade heads....

Edited by Baby Robin 10/21/2020 20:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)