AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intregra moisture problem in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/9/2020 07:14 (#8537077 - in reply to #8535533)
Subject: RE: Replying may have jinxed myself

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I followed your lead and removed the cover on the moisture sensor assembly. Like yours it had plenty of debris on the outside which actually shouldn't have affected the behavior. I blew it out and proceeded to rub my finger over the proximity sensor with no action on the motor. I then realized I needed to have the display on so I crawled up in the cab and chose a test field. When I returned to the proximity sensor I was able to get the motor to start reliably when I touched it with my finger. I did not remove the auger as there wasn't much danger of sticking my finger in it.

I returned to finish a small patch of soybeans that I had passed when I harvested the field. My indicator light indicated the motor was working but only ran for short spurts which is likely due to the reduced yield in the patch. So I really didn't find anything wrong but possibly rubbing the proximity sensor with my finger cleaned it up. I haven't done anything with it in years.

I'm don't know if the proximity sensor triggers on pressure or moisture. Maybe the 8-9% beans were just too dry to trigger it the day before. The patch was slightly wetter but still very dry. I will be going back to corn today and I will be watching my indicator. I suspect things will be fine in that regard.

Later:
Mine is working again as usual in corn. My indicator light shows that the auger motor is running almost constantly in good corn. It will "catch up" and shut off while leaving turning around on the headland. It has worked properly since I "cleaned off the sensor" or maybe it was the overly dry beans (Around 8%).

Edited by tedbear 10/18/2020 08:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)