AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intregra moisture problem in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/7/2020 06:31 (#8533941 - in reply to #8533150)
Subject: RE: Intregra moisture problem in corn

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A couple of things come to mind. Have you checked the temperature to determine if it is realistic? This should be checked prior to season but not changed within season. Also be careful when doing this and comparing the temperature reported on the display against what you feel is actual outside air temperature. Temperature is involved with the moisture sensor and the temp probe on the moisture sensor (small dot of metal) can get worn and fail.

Is the auger on the moisture sensor running properly? You say it is running but it should start/stop during normal operation. To allow me to observe mine (really haven't had any problem), I have wired in an LED inside the cab across the wires to the small auger motor. This allows me to observe how often the auger runs. In beans it should start/stop quite often. In good corn, it should run almost constantly but stop when the combine runs empty possibly while turning around on a headland.

I have used a PF3000, Insight and InCommand 1200 and they have all behaved in this same manner.

Edited by tedbear 10/7/2020 06:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)