AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intregra moisture problem in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/7/2020 20:39 (#8534914 - in reply to #8534356)
Subject: Replying may have jinxed myself

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
Today I harvested our last soybean field. They were 1.4s and had been hit with hail really early which I didn't think hurt anything. Apparently I was wrong as the yield was about 20 bu/ac less than the same variety that was not hit with hail. Due to nice weather but considerable winds the beans are over dry. Even starting early in the day, the highest moisture reading I ever saw was 11.8%. They went as low as 8.7% and seemed to stay there. Observing my indicator light I noticed that the auger motor in the moisture sensor was not turning.

No need for a moisture sensor when the elevator was reporting the beans at 9-10%. I did get done and when I got home and shut down, the system. It asked if I wanted to clean out the moisture sensor chamber. I indicated yes and since the engine was off, I could actually hear the auger motor turning and my indicator light agreed.

So it would seem my problem is with the proximity switch or something in that area. My relay must be OK since the clean out procedure activated it to clean out.

Edited by tedbear 10/8/2020 06:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)