AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are some people so committed to causing trouble for others? Long Post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 10/2/2020 09:20 (#8526003 - in reply to #8523097)
Subject: RE: Why are some people so committed to causing trouble for others? Long Post

SWOH
I'd do the same deal as before. In writing obviously and nice and legal. But the kids might've just got a wake up call and realize you're on the up and up and that's a good long term trust builder. We've let ground go that we farmed for a few decades because somebody came in and offered more rent and then never paid. Or paid one year and then walked and the landlord couldn't get anybody to go that high. It happens. We know who plays the games around here and so do most of the landlords who still live local. We have several landlords that don't want us to make public what we pay for rent, because they don't want people stopping in every year trying to rent it for 20 or 30 dollars an acre more than what we're paying. If it were me, I'd tell the kids the same terms are still good. I don't think you need to "teach them a lesson" and cut out the bonus. Do the same deal and create some trust and the whole ordeal might build a better relationship with you. It seems like they should've talked to you first before you got a termination letter and a lawyer call and that would slightly annoy me but I'd let it go and take the high road and hopefully it's a lesson learned for them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)