AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are some people so committed to causing trouble for others? Long Post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 10/1/2020 23:05 (#8525473 - in reply to #8523097)
Subject: RE: Why are some people so committed to causing trouble for others? Long Post

Texas
I would continue to rent it. The kids aren’t your friends and don’t know anything about farming. What would you do if you were in their shoes? Say for example your property bordered an interstate and some guy paid your dad $100 a month to have a billboard there. Your dad passes and the guy approaches you and says I paid your dad $100 a month to have this billboard here want to keep the same deal? Sure why not. A few years down the road a guy knocks on your door and says you are getting ripped off I want to put my billboard there and pay you $200 a month as that is what it is worth.

You have no idea what the going rates are but someone telling you that you are being underpaid and they will pay more sure gets your attention. Why wouldn’t it? To the kids in another state it is just money to them. They don’t have the relationship with you their father did. My point is don’t take it personal they sure don’t. To them you are a check they get in the mail and they thought they had a way to make that check bigger. It is just human nature. Them not knowing any better they thought you were underpaying them.

I would go back to your original deal and maybe just tell them how cutthroat the leasing ground situation is and many people will make false promises so if they hear something else please talk to you first. I bet going forward the relationship from their end will be a lot better as they will feel guilty for doubting you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)