AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HCC Orbit Reel - Steel vs Plastic Track - Throwing rollers / bending crank arms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lone Cedar
Posted 10/27/2020 10:32 (#8569354 - in reply to #8569273)
Subject: RE: HCC Orbit Reel - Steel vs Plastic Track - Throwing rollers / bending crank arms

SW Iowa
Tim swMN - 10/27/2020 09:53

An old agtalk thread shows photos of a piece of metal u bolted on the center arms to help keep the teeth from flipping over. If I get on the farm where my head is stored I will take a couple of photos.

This description (perhaps the same as what Scoot was describing) sounds like it may be different than what I have--perhaps they changed/updated the design at some point?

The stops on mine appear to be ~1/8" sheet steel about 6" wide with the outer side bent over round into a j shape; there's one short and one long j-stop that are attached on each side of the star arm on the track end of the head, held in by the same bolts that hold the plastic bearing the pipe for the fingers ride in (longer bolts than stock, and you have to put a washer under one of the brackets--all came with the orbit kit). Each set of j brackets bump on the front/back of the two plastic tines on the track end of the head to limit the motion of the pipe/roller. If the plastic tines are too worn or too new, either where the bracket bumps into the plastic or on the nub that locates the tine on the pipe, that seems to either cause the rollers to pull on the track (too tight=limits motion of crank arms) or risk flipping cranks backwards and bending things (too loose).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)