AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HCC Orbit Reel - Steel vs Plastic Track - Throwing rollers / bending crank arms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lone Cedar
Posted 10/27/2020 09:08 (#8569189 - in reply to #8568332)
Subject: RE: HCC Orbit Reel - Steel vs Plastic Track - Throwing rollers / bending crank arms

SW Iowa
scoot - 10/26/2020 20:08
There are some clamp pieces that attach to the end of each reel finger pipe that keeps that pipe isolated in a specific motion so that it cannot over rotate, or override stop. I would think things would get messed up without these clamps. -sorry I don’t have a picture. Are you sure you have the clamp pieces I am referring to?

Yes, those stop brackets are all in place. Based on my experience last year with a plastic finger that had some wear on the locating nub, I'm not sure the reel would make a full revolution without breaking something if they weren't in place.

I like the way the reel works when it is working... and I know it's a lot easier to second guess someone else after the fact than design something well from scratch, but it seems to me like the track setup was engineered to overly tight tolerances on a head with a worn out reel. A well-designed product shouldn't require sanding out plastic bearings or wholesale loosening/tightening of bolts trying to find enough slop to make it work smoothly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)