AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inspiration - What do you guys do to get through the tough times?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

woodchuck
Posted 9/18/2020 04:42 (#8501789 - in reply to #8501648)
Subject: RE: Inspiration - What do you guys do to get through the tough times?

East central Iowa
I second that.
Bought a 24t baler few years back, guy said "I run at 1500 rpm and it does great".
Well, he was correct, it will bale all day long at 1500rpm but if you try to push much above that it starts having tie issues.
My 9500 combine has 5300 hrs. I get along good with it. I bet 8 out of 10 guys would jump in it and push it as hard as possible and break down in an hour.
My equipment is old and kept in good working order, maybe dirty and not as showy. I know every inch of the machine and have a good idea what is in need of repair or ready to fail.

Your work away from home is causing the break downs and mental stress. Meaning you get a chance to make hay you have limited time and run as hard and fast as possible. Nothing wrong with that but I bet you feel like someone has a gun to your head.
I've been there done that and got the T shirt to prove it. I'm completely changing my farming operation next year because life is too short.

EDIT: I re-read your post, thought you were still working off farm. If not then what the heck are you making hay for pennies when you have construction background? SUCK IT UP butter cup. I farm and have carpenter buss. Try 80 to 100 hrs a week for 6 to 8 months of the year and 60 to 80 the rest. And I'm 55 with a body that is worn out and fat. LOL
Dave

Edited by woodchuck 9/18/2020 04:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)