AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inspiration - What do you guys do to get through the tough times?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 9/18/2020 04:13 (#8501784 - in reply to #8501648)
Subject: RE: Inspiration - What do you guys do to get through the tough times?

coast of Maine
All farmers have been there,had some really poor weather years,worst was a season of rain til mid July.In the veggie world and doing a lot of wholesale it was a very negative year,so broke I worried of a light bulb left on.I think your ability to weather the storm of poor weather will improve.Perhaps cutting small blocks,being extremely aware of the weather,(I usually know days in advance here on weather trends so much so that friends call to get info ),Do not rush into it,giving it the throttle isnt going to make great hay.Customers in the beginning are the cast off of others,this will improve slowly,I sucked it up with land lords beyond,some sucked.Just did what they wanted and eventually you gain the upper hand and dump them,it feels really good to gain that power (success).Have one who would call weekly,with things he was concerned of,told him he was the only guy who constantly complained,switched to hay on his land,calls to tell us when to mow,nicknamed now,,Pain In THe ... and his last name here..heehee
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)