AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Side by side comparison, opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GT500KR53
Posted 9/10/2020 12:20 (#8487004 - in reply to #8486116)
Subject: RE: Side by side comparison, opinions

nebraska
I have the 1000-5 deluxe Honda,,
Top speed is 65, more comfortable to drive at 40-45,,
Easy to get in and out,,( removed side netting)
Lots of power
Good transmission if not abused( watch you tube video)
Hot cockpit when it's hot out, heat comes through shifter slots and up the seat cracks on your butt,,
Self leveling rear suspension on the deluxe model and radial tires
The box is smaller on the 5 seat versus the 3 and will limit the size of sprayer tank you can put in,,( those prepackaged square tanks and pumps,,
The doors and box rattles more than I like and noticeable because of the lack of engine noise
Without a roof on they are quieter, I put a roof on after a couple weeks and the noise increase was immediately noticeable, not unbearable but annoying but you get used to it,, I put the short roof on from a 3 person and removed the rear roll bar to have better access to the bed,, I should have just got the 3 person because I have never used the rear seats,,
The box is manual with strut assist, load accordingly and it's ok
Steering is easy with power steering,
Toe in is off from New and they drive squirrelly on deep gravel based on mine and my brother's,, check and adjust because that's not part of dealer set up I think,
Led headlights on my deluxe aren't aimed right and are to high on low,,. ( I haven't taken the time to set them either) and high is worthless because of it, another item they don't check on setup
Checking the engine oil is a pain in the rear!,, lift box up, remove a small plastic square panel with push pins and unscrew dipstick
Changing oil is a pain,, I have taken to lifting the complete machine up with my skid steer (or fork lift) like a lift from the side and it's much easier but you have to position the forks in the right place or they get in the way for access
They fit down 30" rows without spacers

Overall it's an ok machine and I'm a Honda guy, my 2ยข

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)