AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why do people ruin everything with hot spices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 8/17/2020 08:34 (#8440153 - in reply to #8439861)
Subject: RE: Why do people ruin everything with hot spices?

Thumb of Michigan
I can't even stand A-1 on a steak. My wife can't eat a steak without A-1. From a dietary standpoint, that seems to be the biggest glaring difference between us I've found after 30+ years together.

We did have to have a lengthy discussion about chili at one point in our relationship. I didn't feel that good chili should hurt so much to eat, she was a little liberal with the hot stuff there as well. Fortunately, she's learned to back off that. When I was in college, I liked to get to Beggars Banquet in East Lansing on Sundays. Sympathy for the Devil Chili and a mug of Strohs for a buck and a quarter. On a "hot" scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the one to use if you needed paint removed from something, 8.5 (rated by the cook) was the hottest I ever had there. Pretty sure he'd have rated some of my wifes chili at 12+.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: I am not at all disparaging my wifes cooking. Not one bit. She's a great cook and I appreciate that. My weight is MUCH different now than it was when we met, didn't happen because of any shortfall in the menu at our place. Just have different tolerances and tastes when it comes to seasonings.

Edited by pat-michigan 8/18/2020 07:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)