AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 8/7/2020 12:35 (#8420889 - in reply to #8420423)
Subject: RE: Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....

South Central MN
It's tough to explain. I understand where a chunk of the business is, but if you weren't in the fendt branch then your ideas were discounted and you were forced to adopt some of their systems even if they didn't make sense for us. Agco has always been a US based company but it hasn't acted like it under Richenhagen. Even if they currently do 75% of their business elsewhere, you know they want to expand in North America. This isn't fendt or agco bashing. This is purely on Richenhagen and his favoritism. you might not see it as a customer but it is present internally. I have friends who worked on the ideal combine. Sounds like the fendt guys were tough to deal with during testing and now look where it is at. Seems like a cool design that might have missed a large chunk of the NA market.

That being said, I'm really excited that agco is starting to take some large swings, even if they miss on some. The 1000 series tractors sound like they are doing very well and the momentum planter looks very interesting. The ideal had some innovative features even if it didn't have the performance some expected. Agco has some of the most innovative products on the market right now, hopefully the quality and support is there as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)