AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SDfarmer81
Posted 8/6/2020 22:12 (#8420040 - in reply to #8419851)
Subject: RE: Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....

SW South Dakota
I've been a green fan since I was a carpet farmer. We still have all green tractors, but the newest is 13 years old. Reading and researching, I'm becoming more impressed with Agco. I've read multiple real life reviews that were very positive. Not having ran any equipment made in the last 10 years, I don't have personal experience. It has appeared to me that Deere's quality is not what it use to be. I think they (and probably other brands) have been so focused on technology that they aren't focusing on mechanical quality. Here, I want something that won't break down regardless of brand because we are about an hour from closest dealer who is Agco. Deere dealer is about an hour and a half away.

We have always ran Gleaner combines. We now only harvest a small amount ourselves and hire the majority done with Gleaners. What I've been around them, they have been reliable, and if they do have a problem they are simple to work on.

I always thought when/if we got a self propelled sprayer it would be a deere. When we started looking at them and I did research, I was impressed with Rogator. I know they have weaknesses, but overall I feel like they are built tough and simple. Reading a long review by a custom sprayer who covered over 100,000 acres a year convinced me they are a good sprayer. He said it had been the most reliable brand he had ran. I think he had over two full seasons on his Rogator and had zero issues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)