AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sligh1
Posted 8/7/2020 09:49 (#8420638 - in reply to #8419851)
Subject: RE: Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....

The only other anecdotal thing I’d mention.... I live right in the heart of deere manufacturing. My buddies work at deere & I have lots of friends who are deere mechanics. I’ve run all R series with a few M’s in recent times. The mechanics have tried hard to guide me into the more trouble free models. But admit the newer has a lot of problems & they spend most their days on these “bugs” or major issues. Almost unanimously “hold on to your 8400, etc (older stuff) & stay away from newer”.
I think every company likely experiences these things- I just got to hear it 1st hand.
I just got rid of some other deere items that had China and India stamped all over them. I was surprised over the last 10 years how many items at deere were outsourced & painted green. Even many of the items and parts on my R series (r series made here but parts are from all over) Or opening the gear boxes on my CX-15 & seeing “China” all over. Or the gator with China motors & parts. I’m sure this is most companies but it’s a disappointing trend.
If challenger doesn’t work out, its back to going older or another brand. I sure hope all these massive CORPORATIONS compete for quality vs cost reductions & higher margins.

Edited by Sligh1 8/7/2020 09:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)