AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sligh1
Posted 8/6/2020 21:11 (#8419851)
Subject: Divorced Green, Dating other Colors....

Had Deere all my life. Feel like the tractors from 90’s to maybe early 2000 were amazing. Still keeping those. Maybe a dozen recent machines 2010-2020 that simply have not even came close to reliability of older machines. Watched older equipment sell for a premium & the new stuff depreciate like crazy. Last 10 years: Plagued with problems & I will admit- a few dealers that service have been extremely poor. The “only reason” I previously wouldn’t switch is “I was used to the machines” - comfort issue. Once I finally said to myself “doing the same thing over & over expecting different results is insanity”. The hardest part was cutting the chain & making a change!!!!

Well I finally did. I bled green and not anymore. I’m not sticking with any brand like that if I have problems like I did in past. My 1st switch was to a Challenger.... 200hp MT575D.... USED with exceptional care with 2950 hours. My next will be MT765. I am INCREDIBLY impressed. CVT, cab & front suspension. Quality is amazing - very well built. Service has been exceptionally better. Mobile units & dealer locations that SO FAR have bested any experience with deere in last 5-10 years. Sisu diesel & CVT tranny - just amazing & after enough research- feel like they could be the most bullet-proof combo out there. I feel like the Dealer knew “the electronic bugs” & had them remedied at first service so it won’t be an issue - we shall see. Power, quality, ride, PRICE & SERVICE have made huge gains so far. No way I’m going back to deere unless something drastically changes with quality & service.
I don’t care if it’s not as common or “resale isn’t as good”. & The last 10 years of deere the resale has been horrible. Older stuff has held high here though.
Not ripping the majority that runs green - just one guy here with my experience.
I’m open minded to trying a Case, Kubota or others over time. AGCO & challenger have left me incredibly impressed so far. Feel like the productivity & value is way up & my costs & headaches- way down. Took that stubbornness & comfort zone to CHANGE - now that I did - exceptionally please. One take from Iowa. If anyone might be in situation I was- with ANY BRAND - give a little more thought to getting out of your comfort zone & making a change to something else.

Edited by Sligh1 8/6/2020 21:16

(380CC611-B996-45DD-90F9-3482FBCE9EDE (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 380CC611-B996-45DD-90F9-3482FBCE9EDE (full).jpeg (110KB - 431 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)