AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strangest appraisal back story I've ever heard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

6th Gen Farmer
Posted 7/7/2020 23:37 (#8360553 - in reply to #8359264)
Subject: RE: Strangest appraisal back story I've ever heard

South West Minnesota
gmoney - 7/6/2020 23:49

We bought a farm with a house with a similar back story. The owner committed suicide in the kitchen, his family never returned to the house. This happened back in the 80s.

We purchased it 25 years later. Bulldozed the house and remaining buildings. I always had a creepy feeling running at night on that place, long after the house was gone. Always felt like there was something just out of the range of the lights watching. Gives me goosebumps typing it actually.

We had something similar. My dad took down an acreage on one of our farms back probably before I was born (I'm 19). One time we finished combining late on that farm, and we parked the machinery a-ways into the field like we usually do and started walking to our car. Out of nowhere my dad starting sprinting to the car. I thought it was pretty unusual but didn't think much of it and I continued to walk to the car. When I finally got into the car and asked why he ran, he told me that we were walking across where an old acreage sat. The story is that a poor family lived there way back probably around the beginning of the 20th century. One of there children died and they couldn't afford a funeral or graveyard spot, so they buried him in the backyard. Whether that community story is true or not we do not know, but it sent just enough goosebumps through him he decided to run to the car.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)