AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strangest appraisal back story I've ever heard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 7/6/2020 18:44 (#8357907)
Subject: Strangest appraisal back story I've ever heard

Today I was sent to appraise a property that sold last year for $40,000, now for sale with a buyer at $145,000. On the phone I asked seller and he told me it was completely redone. Reasonable, and not uncommon. But when I got there, the story he told was the strangest one.... The house sat empty for 17 years in this small community. It was a 1970's bi-level. The owner went on vacation to Maryland and never came back. Electricity and cable TV were left connected for 17 years. She paid the taxes, but that was about it. She didn't respond to letters or phone calls. This guy was intrigued by it sitting there like that, tracked down her address out east and flew out there to see her in person! He ended up buying it lock, stock & barrel for $40K. Car was still in the garage, 60,000 miles but junk from sitting so many years unattended. She still had checks sitting on the counter for over $1,000 that were endorsed and never cashed. Photos showed the clothes where she left them lying before walking out the door, clean dishes in the dishwasher. Just really weird.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)