AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pigford vs Glickman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 7/5/2020 12:12 (#8355238 - in reply to #8355174)
Subject: RE: Pigford vs Glickman

Southern MN
What is there to get? I agree that we all need to study a little bit more what has happened in this country. The Italians, chineses, Japanese, blacks, native Americans and I am sure many others have been treated badly. My white grandfather who was the nicest man that ever lived was descriminated against because he was poor and in one case because he was Lutheran and not Catholic. Germans, Swedes, and other Europeans didn’t mix well for a long time. I also read some well written articles when all of this started that helped me understand much of the black dislike of law enforcement as why much of law enforcement is viewed by the minority communities the way it is. I disagreed with much of the articles but it helped me get some perspective. Neither me or any of my family has ever been hassled by law enforcement, I believe 7 out of 10 in the black community say they have.
What this has turned into does no one any good. The credibility given to someone who yells racist every other word just because they have a different color skin than the other person is very counterproductive in my mind. At a certain point we have to agree that there has been many terrible abuses and discrimination that has happened in this country as well as every other country in the world and get on with life and start looking forward. I don’t know how we get there,I wish I did.
Edit, thanks for posting how to find the lawsuit, will try to get it read yet this weekend as I admit I am totally ignorant as to the reason for the lawsuit.

Edited by Jrditchdigger 7/5/2020 12:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)