AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pigford vs Glickman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

greenbine
Posted 7/5/2020 18:24 (#8355947 - in reply to #8355437)
Subject: RE: Pigford vs Glickman

frytownfarmer - 7/5/2020 01:02

My pastor had a sermon the other week which was very level headed in what seems a time only emotions can be expressed.. he said it’s biblical that “we” pay for the sins of our fathers... even if it’s not my own personal heritage I’m still grouped into the white group. He went on to say that it’s not that God himself holds “us” personally accountable for the slavery but that paying for previous generations sins are a natural consequence of this world...

we are seeing first hand that the rules of the universe explained in the Bible are still applicable today.

So it’s comforting to know that though some want us to feel guilty of something we personally haven’t done... God doesn’t hold us accountable. however... he had warned of this happening far before it ever did and shows he’s still in control. It also gives insight as to why this is happening and gives a person the ability to give a little grace to those who are still pushing the issues... it’s their nature to do so because of the actions from previous generations.

Though tiring sometimes... and ya it would be nice to move on. Not sure when that happens or even if I want to know what needs done to get there...

With you there, sin problem not a skin problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)