AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kind of a depressing morning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 7/5/2020 16:49 (#8355736 - in reply to #8355070)
Subject: RE: Kind of a depressing morning

SWOH
It’s a depressing time. About all you can do is be a decent human being yourself and hope it’s severely contagious.

The church issue...I’ve regularly attended a few different churches. Parents went to church every Sunday when I was young. Younger kids my age all got baptized. I didn’t have a clue what the purpose was of getting baptized. Parents kind of explained it, I didn’t understand it. I asked the other kids that were getting baptized what the purpose was. They didn’t have any idea, just that they were supposed to. I didn’t get baptized. I knew it was supposed to be a life changing event. I wasn’t going to do it if I didn’t understand it. I’ve been told my whole life how it’s supposed to work. Can’t get to heaven unless you get baptized. Can’t get to heaven if you don’t do this or that. I’ve been told by a lot of people what I should and shouldn’t do. At the same time watching some of those people have affairs, do drugs, hate their neighbors, steal, lie...and preach on. I know church members that have strongly repeatedly condemned homosexuality...until one of their grandchildren comes out and then they go silent. I’ve never really been taught the Bible. I’ve been told what I’m supposed to think about what we just talked about from the Bible. And in my experience, you either see it their way or you aren’t a Christian. I’ve been fairly active in two different churches. I haven’t been baptized, I’m not a member of the church. There are certain things I shouldn’t participate in because of that, such as communion. I’m a fairly religious person. I believe in God, I believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins and was resurrected. I don’t regularly attend church anymore. I got sick of the power struggles. I got sick of back stabbing. I got sick of the hypocrisy. I got sick of the gossip. I’ve been told the reasons I don’t go to church are not good reasons, they’re hypocritical. We used to do a community church service once a year at the park in town, 10 or 15 churches in the area of different denominations. We stopped because none of them could get along enough to put it together. When the churches are fighting, what does that teach the young ones? I know a lot of youth that are looking for direction and a place to worship. They won’t go to church. I hear the question all the time, how do we get young people into the church? But they’re asking church members. They should be asking people that aren’t going to church and actually listen to the answers. We are all sinners.

It all might be related. God might be going for a correction. I have 3 teenagers at home, they’re looking at the “adults”
right now wondering what the heck is going on. It seems pretty simple to them. Be a decent human being and if everybody does that we can all get along. Being a decent human being isn’t popular right now though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)